Tuesday, September 13, 2011

An Early Word

I was looking in my nightstand last night for my copy of Life Is A Vapor by John Piper.  Where'd it go?  Do you have it?  Did I loan it to you??  Anyway, in order to look around I had to pull out my old Bible...the precious. 

And this morning it was on top of my nightstand still.  So I used it.  And ohhhh, it's so comfy.  Like it just falls open so easily.  It's marked up just right.  It is silent and soft.  Why did it have to start falling apart when it was getting so perfect?  And to top it off the translation is so familiar.  Sigh......

But my new one is gorgeous.  Calf skin.  Gold pages.  Colorful maps even.  I've had it several months and it's still stiff.  The pages still creak.  Will I ever break it in just right? 

"But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere."  2 Cor 2:14

I love the verbs in this passage =  leads and spreads.

And notice the subject noun?  God.  God is doing the work.  The leading, the spreading.  For it is God who works in you to will and to do according to His good purpose.  Phil 2:13

(I went to look up that reference in my newbie but don't ya know it wasn't marked yet.  Crazy that.)

Yesterday was full of striving.  And yes, there was work to do.  But there was no peace as I was constantly feeling behind and trying to save the day.  Striving.  Today I'm hoping to rest and spread peace. 

Honey's gone fishing with 3 kids.  Eldest will be at school and I will be left with a skeleton crew of 4.  Home all day with nowhere to go,  I'm thinking a park run is a great idea.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

You got a surprise today too! Me!

TaggTroop said...

Yay for sweet surprises!