"God does not ask us to do the things that are easy to us naturally; He only asks us to do the things we are perfectly fitted to do by His grace." Oswald Chambers
~Awana is a perfect example of this! It something I never dreamed I'd be doing! "not my thing" kinda sums it up. How glad I am that God had something different in mind.
I'm learning that everything does not need to be comfortable for it to be right. And I'm trying to keep it in mind when my kids are not so happy with my decisions for them.
~So often I get excited about a thing and ask God to bless it instead of asking God where He wants me to go.
And then there are the times I've refused to go, justifying it by saying "that's just not me". The fact is, I don't want to be just me. I want to be conformed to the likeness of Christ..... and sometimes that's not so comfortable.
"And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Cor 3:18
1 comment:
Yup, He often takes us out of our comfort zone, that's for sure. And isn't it funny that those things often end up being some of the most fulfilling?
So very glad you're doing what you love!
Post a Comment