I'm making breakfast this morning listening to the early risers wrestle in the living room. Then I hear it.
Crying that lasts a little longer than it should from someone like Jes.
Seconds later he was in the kitchen and (oh God NOOO!!) he's holding his eye and there's blood everywhere! You know how the head bleeds. I was scared to see what was under his hand.
But when I moved it I was relieved to find that it was a little gash in his eyelid. (Thank you Jesus!) The stupid dog stepped on his face.
Not too bad once it was cleaned up but would be hard to butterfly w/o taping his eye closed. Besides his momma didn't want much of a scar on that handsome face. So I called Honey and told him I was bringing Jes up to his office so we could look at it together. We took him up to one of the nurses he works with and she thought it would need a couple of stitches.
This took the entire morning. We waited. And played cards. And waited. And took pictures of ourselves. And waited. And played more cards. And waited. And he texted his sister. And waited some more.
A loooooong time later....
Jes was quite thrilled with the whole thing. I mean how cool are stitches to an 8yo boy! The only disappointment was that they didn't have any good colors. Only black.
He got 2 stitches to show off to G'ma and Aunt Mich and Mason, and all his siblings, and his soccer team.
Honey and I took him to lunch since we had him all to ourselves.
This goes down as one of his favorite days ever!
1 comment:
when we get up in the morning we never know how the day is going to go. :) Those are some good-looking stitches. I have a scar in my eyebrow too.
jodie
Post a Comment