Monday, May 23, 2011

Lookin Gooood!

Saturday night was full of getting-ready-for-church-tomorrow stuff.
You know...straighten the house, pick clothes, find the other shoe, etc.

This guy comes to me all stylin' with his hair slicked back and asked me how he looked.

This guy who balks at taking a bath.

This guy who never wears shoes. Or a shirt.

This guy who is usually sticky somewhere.

I told him how handsome he was and how proud I was of him for fixing his hair himself.


Smile.



Sunday morning rolls around and he's in my bathroom asking for hair gel.

I watch him wondering what he's going to do with it.



First he fills up the sink and dunks his whole head in. I'm surprised he didn't need to hold his nose.


Then he takes one spot in the front and gels it straight up.

And works with it.


In front of my mirror.

On a Sunday morning.


He says, "Momma, my hair won't do what I want it to do!"

Really? Didn't know 8yo boys said things like that.



After 15 minutes he figured out how to stick a comb in it to make it stay until the gel dried.

That's how he looked the rest of the morning.



When it was time to leave for church he was so impressed with himself that he had to pull down the visor so he could admire his hairdo all the way to church.



My boy is growing up.

Good lookin' Bud!

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

That un is gonna be a hearthrob!