Tuesday, February 08, 2011

This Just Out...

I went to bed last night determined to wake up to a good day. A day where I would smile, refrain from negative words, and be an encourager. Ya know, just to try to turn around the atmosphere of trouble.

Then I woke up. And there went that.

In fact, the day went so severely wrong that Honey came home from work for awhile this morning. And in the midst of trying to clean up a mess, the phone rang.

It was the nurse from my doctor's office to say that all my blood work was back. And it is Rheumatoid Arthritis. Ohhhh, was I thankful he was home! Like I can't even describe how much.

So there ya have it.

But it's ok. Or as I like to say, a'right. And yes I did bawl and sob cry my eyes out b/c news like that is just a disappointment even if you think you knew it anyway.

But ya know what? It's a'right. I have a peace about it. The peace that passes all understanding. Henry Blackaby says, "Perfect Love won't give you second best." Smart guy.

And my sweet man whispered in my ear, "in sickness and in health" and then offered to buy me a pink wheelchair. Wow, what more could I ask?! (Don't laugh, I'm serious.)

Renee told me to just walk in this day. And she's right. I don't wanna let the fear thoughts of what might be rob my joy of the day. Because today I can walk, and wash dishes, and get dressed by myself, and sit on the floor and tell my boys a story, and color eggs with my littles.

Soooo...it was a good day after all.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, my friend...the Lord says, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for GOOD and NOT for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

Amen and so be it!

Read p. 18 of the little booklet you have, and remember...God's Truth changes fact.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

renee is right. Hugging you this moment as I read very early in the a.m. whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say It is well, It is well with my soul....even though you may not always feel it, He has prepared you and will provide for you on this road..

jodie

emilyjacks said...

Sweet Sandy, 1 Pet.5:6-11...Praying for you!!

Michele said...

So sorry to hear the diagnosis is official. You are in my prayers, is there anything else you need?

TheTentMaker said...

I love you. <3 And I'm sorry for your diagnosis. :( Thinking of you and praying for you.

Internet explorer is being weird and won't let me see the content of your blog, so I have to go to Erik's Mozilla Firefox to see it. Weird. Sorry I didn't see this and write a note on the day you posted it!

Amanda said...

Oops! I posted as Erik. It's really me!