Isn't it funny how you don't usually recognize the goodness until after the time has passed? Maybe that's why it's such a bitter sweet time looking through old photos. It always seemed hard in the moment. But after you lived through it and didn't die, THAT'S when you see how faithful God has been to you all along.
It's Saturday night. My heart is so full. It's been a great week of being home with my crew.
This is my happy place. I love this chore. In fact, unless there's a big storm brewing I don't let any kids help me at the clothes line.
"Momma! Come take a picture of my bed. I made it by myself!"
*swoon*....my little boys are doing great learning their chores.
This kid is always finding frogs. But this week he found this tiny turtle.
I love summer time for toddlers. Naked kids outside in the pool all day. Filthy. Tired. And so happy.
Nana bought us new decorating tips and Mallory made us a cake. Yay! Just because.
Getting to share life with this baby makes me so happy. I love Brycen Day.
Jes is quick to try to bless his momma. I sure appreciate him making breakfast for the family without being asked.
Look what Zeke grew!
This. This was the last detail to work out today. Christian leaves for Russia tomorrow for World Cup and I could not be more excited for him. Such a dream come true and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for him. He has planned the entire trip by himself and I love that he has let me be privy to the particulars. He's been telling me all his plans and preparations and new Russian words. But his phone plan situation wasn't clear and I sort of resigned myself to not hearing from him much for 17 days. But today was the day to nail down this important matter and we (he....completely him) found out he has free roaming for the entire time! No buying a new sim card, no buying Passport, no figuring out which is a better option. Nothing. Just this!!
And I actually cried after he told me. Now we can talk, text, send pics, ....the whole thing for the whole time. Plus he has all the data he needs for navigating his way in a foreign country. Maybe that's even more important than talking to his mom. :-)
God is so so good.
1 comment:
I love your family! Thanks once again for sharing with the rest of us. One of these days I'll be blessed to meet you!
My husband speaks Russian because he lived there for close to 1.5 years and he absolutely loves the Russian culture and people.
Blessings,
Gaylene
Post a Comment