Monday, January 15, 2018

2018 Bullet Journal

New Year = New planner 

Some of my girls got new planners too and we had a fun planning night getting them all set up and ready to use.  I had this beauty on my Christmas list....



Of course you don't need a particular notebook to start a planner.  But I love this one.  It lays flat, has 2 ribbon markers, a dotted grid, index, and a strappy thing to hold it together.  The binding is tight and the pages have a good weight.  It's worth the money.  I need something to decorate the outside though. 


Cover page.  I don't do monthly cover pages.  But I'm hoping this will last the whole year so I did a yearly one with my word REST.

In the front of my journal I set up all the trackers I knew I'd need and use all year.  I'll make more as the year goes on, but I like having these all in one place right now.



2 Simple bookshelves to track the books I want to read and the ones I've finished.  These will include the read-alouds I do with the kids.


My kids' behavior/color chart.  This is super important to them and I keep the striped bookmark on this spread so they can find it easily. 


A work in progress.  Just some food ideas to pull from when I'm making a menu.  The other page will be Crockpot, Emergency Meals, and Instant Pot hacks. 


A tracker to remind me of some things I want to keep track of.



Bennett is a good napper but Waylon hardly ever naps even though he desperately needs it.  But I do need a quiet time.  So I pay my older kids to sit quietly (as in silently and don't say a single word) with him and read for at least one hour in the afternoon.  This helps me keep track of how much I need to pay to each kiddo on allowance day.

Plus a basic school schedule.  Don't let this fool ya.....we never run on time. But it's a goal to shoot for.



All of January is blue.   Next month I'll use pink or red for Valentines Day.  Menu plan for the month.  I do this in pencil in case I need to change it up.  Not because I want to be perfect, but because when I make next month's menu I can look back and see when we ate certain things so I don't repeat it too much.



Regular daily spreads that help me live my life.  This is where I keep the solid color book mark.



Then I flipped to the last 2 pages to make some Christmas notes since Christmas was still fresh on my mind.

And that's it so far.  I'm always looking on Pinterest for new ideas.  Some people are SOOO artistic and crafty.  I love looking at their spreads and getting ideas for mine. 

Like this one..... Look at this adorableness! This may find a page in my BJ sometime this year.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sandy!!! I've tried so many planners over the years and I just LOVE what you have done with your Bullet journal. THANK YOU for sharing your pages.... I might be motivated enough now to buy me one!