Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Blessing House

For a long time now we've been discussing different ideas for another stream of income.  
I've been kind of interested in rental houses but never actually looked into it.  UNTIL NOW!!  

This foreclosure became available in my neighborhood and I jumped on it.  I couldn't believe the price.  And when I walked through it, I was in love.  It's in great shape, in a fantastic location, and an incredible price.  It's the perfect first rental.  

We closed last Friday! 

It has 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, a covered carport with storage, a floored attic, and a storage shed. 


And this very fancy toilet with the flusher on the top.  I mean! 

We do have some work to do before it's ready to rent but it's not too much.  Besides I have very awesome crew that works for food. 

First thing was to scrape the damaged popcorn ceiling in the kitchen.   Let me just say this is NOT as easy as YouTube makes it look.  Especially if it's been painted.  And it's old.  We toyed with scraping the whole house.  But no.  


We also have some painting.  And let me just stop here to say that with divorce on the rise, you should be married at least 20 years before attempting a project like this together.  

Just sayin.    


So it's been a few days of scraping, painting, cleaning, and fixing.  We aren't done but getting closer.  And the best news is that I already have a potential tenant! 

I'm calling this our blessing house because my prayer is that it will be a blessing to us and to everyone who lives here.  


No comments: