Honey and the kids took the late night feeding last night. Then Christian came in late/early from a movie and took the next feeding. And that meant I got to sleep until almost 5am!
Now everyone is still asleep. The house is perfectly quiet. I was able to read my Bible, write a couple of emails, and now blog a little bit too. I might even get a bit of menu planning done if I can be quick.
Here are a few things that made me smile this week....
A costume party at Meg's! Since we are not Halloween fans, she decided to host the first annual costume party complete with games and food. The catch is that nobody could spend more than $5 on their costume so we all had to be super creative.
I was proud of how my kids pulled this together ALL BY THEMSELVES with what we had at home.
And even though Honey and I weren't really part of the party, we knew it would delight the kids if we dressed up too. So we came up with this Incredibles outfit that I made from red t-shirts and a construction paper logo. I kept it super secret all day so they were very surprised!
Aren't these flowers pretty?
Meg bought them for me last week and they are still beautiful.
Now I know I'm not supposed to post pix of my fosters on social media. But does my blog count? I don't know. Besides, he's not really my foster baby anymore anyway right?
So this guy got sick this week and his mom took him to the walk in clinic where Honey works. He went down and held him for about an hour while his mom filled out paperwork and waited. I could look at this picture forever. I love it. Look at his poor sick little eyes.
Remember when Mally and I won ribbons at the fair for cookies and honey? Well who knew there would be REAL MONEY involved?!
It's true. We both got a check this week for fifty-nine cents. FIFTY NINE WHOLE CENTS TO SPEND ANY WAY I WANT!! Honey said the bees were finally bringing in an income!
But speaking of the bees. I'll give you a quick update.
My favorite way to winterize is to surround all the hives with hay bales stacked 3 high on 3 sides.
We doubled our apiary this year to 4 hives and all that hay was pretty expensive. A couple days later we looked out the window to see my neighbor's horses sticking their necks through the fence and feasting on my bee's hay!!! Next year I'll have to think of something else.
We got into all the hives to check their honey stores before the cold set in. Everybody looked strong and healthy with plenty of honey. But just to be sure, I added some dry feed to the tops in case I can't get back in there for awhile. I was also able to pull 4 full frames in a super they weren't able to finish and froze another frame that was 1/2 full. I'll extract those frames this week and I already have buyers for the honey.
Here I go again with another possibly forbidden picture. Just in case, you might not want to mention it to your friends at DHS.
Anyway, a lot of our kids have a cold and couldn't come. But for Funday Friday I wanted to take some kids to the lake. These were the only 3 that were able to come. We didn't get to stay long because it was colder than we thought and BlueEyes had a short fuse. But it was a fun few minutes!
No comments:
Post a Comment