Saturday, July 11, 2015

Some Quiet Time Goodness

I have been praying for the Lord to clear some space for me.  Space to think and read and pray and blog and journal and maybe even make my bed.

Today 3 kids got invited to a friend's house and Honey took everyone else shopping except the babies.  Both babies are asleep and I have been working furiously!

~Pulled out some things from the freezer that I am trying to empty.
~Made guacamole
~Made stuffed jalapeno poppers with Haley's peppers
~Made cabbage and sausage
~Made juice and grapes for BlueEye's snack later
~Pulled old food from the fridge
~Journaled both babies (!)
~And now I am blogging!!

BabyBee is about to wake up so I'll make this snappy.....

1. Our refrigerator went out in the garage.  We didn't notice it for about 4 days.  You can imagine the smell.

2. We gave up on our pool.  We spend $250 in chemicals trying to get it right and it still is not even close.  Since we have lost so much swim time we decided to take it down and not spend any more money this year.  So disappointed!!

3.  LB bought a car!!  She is so thrilled.  Honey has been driving it a little and he feels like it was a good purchase.

4. Our garden is not so good but my friend's gardens are.  We've been given cucumbers, squash, zucchini, peppers, basil, and sage.  We are blessed!

5. Honey and the boys are taking a small engine repair course together.  After the course, they will need to pass a test to become certified to fix small engines.  We have plenty of broken lawn mowers and such to practice on.

6. I'm cleaning out a bunch of junk and wanting to have a garage sale when it gets cooler.

7,  My parents' house is the best date night spot!  They are still in TX so we get to pretend we have 2 houses.  We take dinner over there and record our shows on their DVR

8.  You should see our babies!!  BabyBee continues to be a happy baby.  He's now a month old and getting rather chubby.  BlueEye's is a busy toddler that is into everything.  He's changed so much in the last 2 months.  He says a new word almost everyday.   Today's word is "help".  We are working on please and thank you.

That's it for now!  I made it through this whole post without anybody crying and I'm thinking I better not press my luck.  Off to get some bottles ready.... :-)



No comments: