Tuesday, June 30, 2015

PlayDoh FAIL


In an attempt to bring a little more structure to BlueEye's day, I've been looking up some fun toddler activities and busy bags on Pinterest.  

There are so many creative moms with great ideas on the cheap.  I hit Savers this morning and also the dollar store and grabbed a few things to get started. 

Today we tried PlayDoh. I limited it to two colors and added an ice cube tray. I showed him how to squish it, roll it, make a snake, tear it apart, and dump it in and out of the containers.  He wasn't impressed.  He was slightly interested in the newness of it but I could never get him to engage.  

Mostly he just wanted to eat it.  He kept putting it in his mouth and even though he didn't like it, it didn't stop him from doing it again.  Every single time.  I spent most of the time saying, "Not in your mouth.  Yucky!  Spit it out.  Not in your mouth."  Over and over again.  

So I'm thinking he's not quite ready for this activity.  I'll save it and try again in a couple of months.  

2 comments:

the momma said...

I'm sorry it didn't go well. I found that I spent far more time on the really cool creative activities than my toddlers did.
I babysat a little girl when we lived in Germany. She was 3, if I remember correctly, and the child did.not.play. Ever. I could never get her to engage in playing. Oh, it frustrated me so...
She liked for me to fix her hair, so I'd spend and hour or so every day taming her hair into cornrows

TaggTroop said...

I tried it again today hoping to spark some familiarity but it was the same. I'll save it. But he did stack the containers and he's never wanted to stack before so I was happy with it!

LOVE cornrows!