Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First 2 Days Of School

I love seeing everyone's back to school pictures.  Kiddos all dressed up with their backpacks sporting a HUGE smile.  Precious!!

And I know you don't usually see a whole lot of college pics but I just couldn't help it.

Oh I love them.

And Monday morning they headed off for the first day of non-home school.  As in COLLEGE ya'll.  And you may not believe me but I promise they were just babies yesterday!!

They both had a great first day, saw many friends, and didn't get lost.  I love that they are at the same school.  They can ride together and meet up in between classes.

In the meantime, I dropped this one off at high school.


HIGH SCHOOL!  She is taking 2 concurrent enrollment classes this semester and three next semester.  If you aren't familiar with concurrent enrollment, they are classes that count for both high school and college at the same time.

Her classes are online but take place in the public school classroom.  Big change from sitting at the dining room table with her little siblings!

I was so proud of her.  I dropped her off and she just waltzed in with full confidence even though she'd never been there, didn't know anybody, or have any idea where she was going.  I'm pretty sure I would've died if I had attempted that at her age.

She has a long 2 hour gap in between classes so she takes her homeschool work and does it while she waits.  Both days she has been completely finished by the time she comes home at lunch.

As for the younger set, we are chugging along with all the new books, pencils, and other back-to-school gear.  I'm enjoying having a little more time to concentrate on them....though the past two days I've been hugely distracted waiting on updates of the day from my other kids!

Yesterday Christian called me on the way home from school with some very big news.  Months and months ago, he interviewed for a big scholarship from Bank Corp.  They called him yesterday to say he GOT IT!!  And I just keep praising God.  His other scholarships were more than enough but this is just over-the-top.  I immediately called the high school counselor and thanked her.  When the school found out about his interview, they included him in a special scholarship interview class with a few other students that had similar opportunities.  I am humbled and so very grateful for the many people that God uses to contribute to my kids' successes.  I'm glad it's not all up to me!

Football is in full swing for 3 boys.  Between running back and forth to school, the football field, and Laney's work I found myself in the car 7 different times yesterday.  I'm so glad everything is close!  And even though it doesn't sound great, I have to say that I enjoyed every minute of it.  It's a small way that I can help them now when they are growing to an age of not needing me quite so much.

It is shaping up to be an awesome school year!

No comments: