Monday, May 26, 2014

A Little Bit Of Lately

Guess who comes home tonight?  MY BOY!!  Christian has been gone 10 days forever camping with friends and tonight he comes back!  We've been waiting all day, cleaning his room, cooking his favorite dinner, and making welcome home signs.  We've missed him.

Here's some things that have been going on this week...




Look how he sits at the piano!  Hilarious!  3 kids had a piano recital and did a great job.  Afterward, we had friends over for ice cream.



A big homeschool book sale!  Nevermind ZBoy's cheesy pose.  We sold some stuff and bought some stuff and the kids had a great time shopping.  I still came home with WAY more than I hoped.  So now it's all priced and ready for the graduate's garage sale next month.



Army guys, tanks, Christmas blocks, and a reader in the corner.  I love these people!



2 beautiful quarts of HONEY!!  This was left over from last year and needed to be pulled to make room for clean frames.  We already have some new honey that they've made this year so hopefully this summer we will have a great harvest.  Our bee club bought 2 new extractors and one of them gets to be stored at our house!

We have 24 eggs ready to hatch in the incubator.  But here's the thing.  We don't need 24 more chickens!!
My son was a bit ambitious this year and I'm hoping he can sell some of these.  Anybody need a baby chick?  I can hook ya up.

Joey is not good at all.  When we started slowing down on the prednisone, he went right back to horrible.  The vet upped the dose again but he's not bouncing back.  It's been up and down.  And as soon as we get our hopes up, he has a relapse.  I hate to see my sweet boy so sick.   Please keep praying for him.



Spiffy!!  These guys got to participate in a Vietnamese engagement party.  We had such a great time with June's family even though most of the time it was hard to understand each other.  I love how friendship and love can overcome all sorts of barriers!  June's family was very welcoming, hospitable, and so much fun to be with!  In the meantime, Honey and Eldest was shooting a friend's wedding.  Now he is sorting through over 1500 wedding photos!

No comments: