I started the clothes exchange and it's going very neatly. By that I mean that I haven't made a huge mess from one end of the house to the other. This has never happened in the history of the House Of Taggs. However, it's only the first day so I have plenty of time left to revert to my old ways before it's done.
But part of the reason is that our boys got themselves in a bit of trouble the night before. It started when they were arguing at way-too-early in the morning over whose responsibility it was to clean up their mess. And after my coaching was ignored I decided to help them out by making their room easier to clean. This involved 3 laundry baskets and a few tears. And while they hated seeing Momma load up their toys for who knows how long, the panic didn't hit until Josh noticed his TaeKwonDo black belt was included. Because if a kid shows up to class without his belt, Mr T makes them wear the pink belt of shame. And MY OH MY this was not a good start to the day.
Well. At bedtime their daddy walked by their room. And I hate to say that their day ended about as well as it started. Because even though they were short 3 laundry baskets full of junk, their room was still a disaster. (Really boys?) So their dad gave them 30 minutes to clean it up... and clean it up right... With the promise that he was much better at helping boys clean their rooms than their momma was.
They understood.
And let me tell you the room is SPOTLESS!!
But the best part is that they are so proud of it. In the morning we made a big deal of how nice it was and the girls ooohed and awwed.
And miracle of miracles... It's still that way!! And they are so happy and proud of themselves.
That said, you can imagine their horror to see me in there with totes of clothes, laundry baskets, coat hangers, and 7 piles strategically lined up. So I promised I would clean it all up and they were very cooperative trying on outfits and hauling more from the garage.
"New" clothes + clean room = happy people.
No comments:
Post a Comment