So it turns out that I didn't listen to a word my pastor said on Sunday. And it was all because he started out by saying something about serving at the BCM and needing cookies.
And that's where I checked out.
Cookies.
So I sat there with all manner of cookie thoughts going through my head while everyone else was listening to what was probably a very fine sermon on something important.
Thoughts like...
I wonder if Meg is going to the BCM lunch?
What kind of cookies should I make?
I need to call Meg to see if she's going.
If she's going, I'll probably help serve lunch.
If I don't go, and she does, I wonder if she'll recognize my cookies.
Should I bring the cookies on a paper plate?
Do I have paper plates?
I think we're almost out of foil.
I'll have to see if I can ride with someone because parking will probably be hard.
Penguin cookies are good.
Meg would recognize them.
Or maybe I should try something new.
Wait. I wonder if they meant homemade cookies?
Then all of a sudden we were singing songs again and it was over. Just like that.
And then, to top it off....I didn't even make cookies.
1 comment:
I'm very sorry. It seems I've rubbed off on you.... ;-)
Post a Comment